Sunday, April 19, 2009

Keepin it Real


In one of my earliest blog entries I teased a bit about how proud the local bank was to be introducing drive up windows in 2005. Even in 2009, they're still proud. Shortly after that the sign, prominently displayed on the most visible intersection in the community, came down. They turned off the lights on one of the three drive-up windows. To this day, I have never seen a single car pull up to any of the windows.

I mention this because in the current climate of bailouts and corporate greed, there's something very real about the state of our local bank. A slight out-of-touchness that I find oddly touching.

Double-click on the picture below to enlarge for full effect:

1 comment:

C.P.O. said...

This blog is making some noise in the community, there's no question! That ridiculous sign was one of the first things I noticed and thought was odd when I moved here in 2007.